Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm Back!

I know it's been a long time since I posted here, but I figured this was my "outdoors blog" and haven't done much since last year. It will now be known as the "wherever the wind takes me" blog, since that is more my style.

A lot has happened this past year, mostly bad. My dad died in February and it has been a struggle ever since. Not a day goes by that I don't think about and miss him. I was lucky to have such a wonderful father, and am glad my kids got to know him, if only for a little while. I can't express in words how devastated I've been over this and wish for just one more conversation with him. I love you, Dad, and hope that I can live up to your example.

My grandmother, my dad's mother, died in June. She never could admit out loud that she'd lost her son, but must've needed to be with him. The Bullock side of the family is nearly gone now.

We all took a trip to Montana in July to spread Dad's ashes and attend a service for Grandma Julie. Perhaps when I get more comfortable with it, I will post photos from that trip.

Jes got out of the Coast Guard and began watchmaking school.

Scott started working on restoring a car. His blog is at http://scooterbullock.blogspot.com.

Callie has been working with horses and taking lessons. She too has a blog at http://callahanshorseblog.blogspot.com.

That's enough of an update for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home